• The bookshop could train & give work experience to disabled, young
or unemployed in bookselling & publishing with practical experience
& gain skills from industry professionals including writers,
publishers, editors, graphic designers, proof-readers & illustrators.
• The Bookshop could start publishing books to support local authors
& fund projects in local history
• Deliver new or used books to elderly & disabled people in
• Run book clubs for various genres in store or locally
• Support World Book Day & encourage reading for children
• Organise book signing events with local and worldwide authors.
• Participate in book events such as Edinburgh Book Festival, East
Neuk Literary Festival, London Book Fair, Bookseller Association &
Publishing Scotland events etc
• Create new book festival for Leven in consultation with Fife Council
& other organisations
• Sell books at Fife events such as Bowhouse Food & Drink weekends,
The Fife Show, Teasses Estate, Balcarres Garden Open Day,
Silverburn, church fetes, etc.
It needs Community support to run the project and help attract
volunteers to help with the day to day running of the Bookshop. Any new
Charity would Manage the running of the bookshop with focus on
disabilities & to assist current disabled manager.
If you would be interested in getting involved in the running of the
Bookshop or volunteering, please can you contact either Martin Gorrie at
the bookshop or George Cuthill at Fife Voluntary Action
Shop Dial: 01333 421295
Timebank Development Officer
Tel 01333 433 696